Gall Bladder Symptom List
The following is a basic list of gall bladder disease symptoms:
Gall Bladder Symptom 1 - Jaundice
As you may already know, the gall bladder is a holding vessel for bile flowing from the liver to the intestines. The symptoms of disease may vary, but the first and most obvious symptom is jaundice. If the skin becomes jaundiced, then we know that there is most likely an issue with the Gall Bladder or liver. Jaundice can either turn the skin yellow or orange depending on the type. With this, the whites of the eyes often take on a yellow color as well. Jaundice is the result of the liver not properly breaking down old blood and transforming it into bile. This can be the result of either the liver not functioning properly, or jaundice can indicate a blockage of the gall bladder.
Gall Bladder Symptom 2 - Gall Bladder Pain Symptoms
Gall Bladder Pain Symptom List - Types of Pain
- Sporadic pains in the middle of the upper abdomen, or just below the ribs on the right side.
- The pain may spread to the right shoulder or between the shoulder blades.
- The pain can be accompanied by nausea and vomiting and sometimes excessive wind.
- The attack can last from a few minutes to two to three hours before getting better.
- The frequency and severity of attacks is very variable.
- Attacks can be triggered by eating fatty foods such as chocolate, cheese or pastry.
- It can be difficult to distinguish the pain from other diseases, such as: gastric ulcer, back problems, heart pains, pneumonia and kidney stones.
Gall Bladder Symptom 3 - Gall Stones
Symptoms of Gall Stones may include:
- No Symptoms... Many people don't know they have gallstones. These "silent stones" are often found by accident from x-rays for other medical reasons. These stones may or may not require treatment.
- Abdominal pain
- Abdominal bloating
- Fatty food intolerance
- Biliary Colic
Certain symptoms indicate that there is a higher risk of danger and require immediate medical attention. These include:
- Yellow eyes
- Yellow skin
- Persistent pain
- Clay-colored stools ("Light Colored Stools" or "Pale Stools")
Gall Bladder Symptom 4 - Gall Bladder Atack Symptoms
An acute gall bladder attack symptom can occur at any time, such as the night or after a fatty meal. A gallstone attack indicates that medical attention is required. A gallstone attack usually is marked by a steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen. Attacks may last only 20 or 30 minutes but more often they last for one to several hours. A gallstone attack may also cause pain in the back between the shoulder blades or in the right shoulder and may cause nausea or vomiting. Attacks may be separated by weeks, months, or even years. Once a true attack occurs, subsequent attacks are much more likely.
Gall Bladder Attack Symptom List in Summary:
- Upper abdominal pain
- Back pain - between the shoulder blades
- Pain under the right shoulder
- Steady, severe pain in the upper abdomen that increases rapidly and lasts from 30 minutes to several hours.
- Pain in the back between the shoulder blades.
- Pain under the right shoulder.
- Nausea or vomiting.
Gall bladder attack symptoms often follow fatty meals, and they may occur during the night. Other gallstone symptoms include
- Abdominal bloating
- Recurring intolerance of fatty foods
This information has not been reviewed by the FDA, and as such should not be taken as medical advice or medical fact. We request that all practitioners refer to their clinical training and experience when evaluating the true effectiveness and use of these herbs with their patients. (The organs listed in our literature, such as Liver, refer to the common Traditional Oriental Medical functional groups, and may not directly relate to the anatomical counterpart or commonly known functions at all times.) When in doubt, please refer to such texts as the Herbal PDR and peer reviewed journals for the most recent list of clinical studies as well as side affects and contra-indications. We ask that practitioners please read all the provided information in order to best acquaint themselves with all the uses and indications for this product.